(If you’re one of the people I’ve nominated, welcome! My 11 questions for you are near the bottom of this post.) So I was just nominated by Holland for this award. Thanks so much! I guess; I don’t really know what it is or how it works. Time to consult my best friend: Google.
Ah. Okay. There are a lot of hits, but nothing actually explains what it is, just lots of posts by people who’ve received the award. Wait. Wikipedia. Okay so this is an award for bloggers by bloggers, globally recognized but not officially sanctioned by any one entity.
When I do something for fun, like blogging, I really don’t want to be competitive. It takes the fun out of it and adds pressure to do well. But this Liebster Award isn’t really a competition. It’s a more like a globally accepted chain letter. Okay, I guess it’s fun and harmless.
I found a nice post on the history and official rules, so now I understand it better. The one thing I couldn’t find was how I actually got the award. They keep using the word “nomination”, which technically doesn’t mean I’ve won the award, just that I’m shortlisted for it. I thought, okay, hey that’s cool too, when do I know if I’ve won? Who decides which blog is the best?
And then I realized that to accept the nomination is accepting the award itself. As long as I follow the rules and mark my blog somewhere with the picture, I’m set. Okay so:
Yay! What’s next? Let’s check the rules in Holland’s post. What is Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows: The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. Provide 11 facts about yourself. Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you. Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
Oh okay, there seems to be a theme of eleven here. Just like what Holland did, I’m going to start with the questions first, so that it doesn’t clash with the facts. Makes sense.
1. Who is your favorite musician?
Wow okay. I’ve got a lot of favourite musicians. Right now my current favourites are Lindsey Stirling (I’M A HUGE STIRLINGITE) and Pentatonix. I love their original music and I listen to them as much as I can, just for the feels.
Fun fact: The feeling of goosebumps you get when you hear or see something so awesome or touching is called a frisson. My best friend and I used to call it eargasms.
2. What is your greatest aspiration?
I suppose this means “life goal”. I’m actually building a three part post about this, to be released later this week, one part a day starting Wednesday. Once it’s up, you can start reading part one here.
3. Who is your greatest inspiration?
“Who”? I guess the politically correct answer would be some strong figure in my life, or a real person I look up to.
But no. My idol is Jace Beleren. He’s a fictional character in Magic: the Gathering (MTG). He’s actually my namesake.
4. What is your favorite number?
Two. I love pairs. Pretty much everything that’s an even number works with me.
5. Are you an Apple or Android type of person?
ANDROID. All the way!
6. Do you like to cook? If so, what?
I guess I like to cook. Haven’t been doing it much lately. Wait. Correction – I haven’t been cooking at all recently. I spend five days a week in army. Not much time, opportunity or motivation to cook anything there. I usually cook because I’m hungry, not for any artistic purposes. I can make fried eggs, rice, roast chicken and egg mayo sandwiches. Simple stuff so that I won’t go hungry. I actually had to use my cooking skills to survive in Japan when I went to Osaka for three months for my internship project.
7. Where do you consider home?
Anywhere my mum can cook. Basically the kitchen. I’m allergic to fish, so mum makes the most awesome chicken meals; roast chicken, honey chicken, steamed chicken, fried chicken, soy sauce chicken.
Mum calls it cupboard love. Heh.
8. What is your favorite post that you have created?
Oh man. How do I pick a favourite??? They’re all my favourite. I’m currently working on a personal project I call the Through His/Her Eyes (THE) series. When it comes out, that will be my favourite post. It’s going to be a series of fictional short romantic stories, inspired my real life relationships. I plan to release each story in a pair; one tells the story from the guy’s point of view and the other, the girl’s. I’ve been procrastinating this for a while now, but I’m 50% done. The guy’s POV post is done, but it was a lot harder than I thought to do the girl’s POV. Ah well, I’m motivated to finish it now, aren’t I? Hopefully I’ll be able to release the posts next week.
9. Why did you join WordPress, in particular?
Ahhh I’ve been looking forward to answering this question. I actually partly answered it in one of my old posts, but I’m saving this topic for the last weekday of May (May 30th) as my 100th post.
10. Do you think you could go a week without your phone?
If I’d been asked this question before December last year, I’d have said a strong yes. I was still using what I call a brick phone; a Nokia phone that’s virtually indestructible but is not a smartphone.
Right now, I’ve got a Sony Xperia Z1 which I paid for myself. I’ve started to grow more and more reliant on my phone because it has all the apps I need to stay connected. The army allows smartphones but not laptops, so the only way I can blog is using the WordPress App on my phone. I definitely could go a week without my phone, but I’d suffer withdrawal symptoms, and I’ll probably be on my phone twice as much when I get it back.
11. If you were on your deathbed, right now, what would your last words be?
“The money is hidden in the….” *dies*
(Wow I’m only halfway through and I’ve already hit nearly 1000 words)
Okay next, provide 11 facts about myself.
1. I love puns. My friends both love and hate me for this. If you ever get a chance to hang out with me, you can safely assume that all my jokes are punintentional.
2. I love Froyo, or frozen yogurt. My friend told me to man up and get a milkshake, and I told him to suck it. (See I’m so punny)
3. I have a background in gymnastics. I quit when I was about 9 years old I think, because I didn’t like the physical exercise. Mum said I’d regret it and she was right. I do parkour and freerunning now, and with my background, it’s much easier for me to learn, compared to most other people. The only things I retained from my gymnastics days are my handstand and handspring. After a while of doing parkour, I got back my backflip and front tuck.
4. I’m a cat person. It’s not that I hate dogs; it’s just that a quiet furry feline is much better instead of a rowdy dog when I takeover the world by hacking into every computer and controlling the Internet when I need my home to be my sanctuary of peace.
5. I’ve never had a girlfriend. It’s not for lack of trying though. I nearly got into a relationship last year, but she ended it after three weeks of dating.
6. I recover unusually quickly. Physically, mentally and emotionally. I guess this is what helps me pick myself up and move on. It’s how I’ve endured so many rejections; current score standing at 12 rejections, I think.
It’s not about how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and still keep fighting.
7. I have a collection of $1 coins. The old ones, not the new ones that sound so fake when you drop them. Hey, everyone needs a hobby.
8. I don’t like shorts. My friends will attest to that. Most of the time I wear long pants (not jeans). Even when I go to the beach or go for a run or do parkour. I wear track pants.
9. I can rap. Not well, but good enough for me.
10. Erotic stories turn me on much more than porn does. (TMI? I don’t care.)
11. I have a thing for women who save the wold.
Next, I have to find 11 bloggers and share the love.
1. A Parkour Blog
2. Corner of My Mind
4. Musings from a Ragged Soul
5. The World’s a Broken Bone
7. Word Whiskey
8. Sunshine and Denim
9. The Xavion Factor
11. the writing process
Okay done! *pant pant* Last bit, 11 questions. Heh heh heh I’m going to have some fun *rubs hands together in glee*
To the 11 people I’ve nominated: BE BOLD, HAVE FUN. You ain’t gonna live forever.
11 questions for my nominees:
1. What turns you on sexually? (yep I’m going straight for it here)
2. Are you in a relationship or too awesome for anyone to handle?
3. Dark, White or Milk chocolate? (and why)
4. What unusual skills or hidden talents (or talons XD) do you have?
5. Tell me your best pun joke.
6. Coffee or Tea? (Or me? Heheh)
7. Are you Sadistic or Masochistic?
8. How many followers do you have at the time you publish your own Liebester post?
9. At your funeral, what kind of person would you want people say you were? (Then go be that person)
10. Have you told your parents you love them? (If not, do so now) (Pics or it didn’t happen)
11. What is the most embarrassing dream you’ve had or event that happened to you?
So let’s see:
Link back to my nominator. Done.
Posted the picture of the Liebester award. Yes.
11 Facts about me. Yep.
Answered 11 questions. Uh huh.
Nominated 11 more blogs. Affirmative. Asked 11 questions. Finished.
I guess I’ve checked the rules and checked the rules. Heh.
Told you I love puns.