Hey guys, here’s another mission series I did: the CBD Mission Series created by Resistance player Sharkzy!
Mission Series notes:
– Consists of 24 missions, all hacking and about one passphrase per mission
– All mission waypoints can be completed in any order
– Missions are arranged in alphabetical order, so just follow the mission titles starting with CBD Adventure and CBD Bank, all the way to CBD Zone (there’s no mission K or X)
– It’s a really long walk. You’ll go from Fullerton Hotel -> Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) -> Merlion Park -> down Fullerton road -> follow the river bank to Bayfront side -> up to the ArtScience Museum -> across the Helix Bridge -> and then around the Singapore Flyer.
– If you, like us, parked near the start point, it’s a 25-30min walk back once you’ve completed the series.
– We took nearly three hours to complete the mission series, not including the walk back to the car
SPOILER ALERT: Answers to all passphrase waypoints will be shown below. Turn back now if you don’t want to know.
Dad parked on Phillip St, because we drove around and couldn’t find any other parking spots. That itself was actually a good distance from the first mission. We started at 11.30pm and finished only at about 2.15am. By the time we walked back to the car, it was 2.45am and we ended up sleeping at about 3.30am.
The things we do for Ingress…
Anyway, the first two missions were all hacking missions. Do take note that you may have some trouble getting two of the portals in CBD Bank, because they’re actually inside Fullerton hotel. If you can’t wait and drift about, then here’s the solution: go into Fullerton hotel (to enjoy the aircon for a bit), then sign into Wireless at Fullerton wifi and set your GPS to high accuracy. It’s free and you’ll be able to get the last two portals.
Also note that, at the time we did this, missions D to J had some construction work going on, so it was quite difficult to manoeuvre around the site to get the missions. Please do be careful and be hyper aware of your surroundings, especially if you go at night like we did.
CBD Jeopardy has one Visit Waypoint and this is around Merlion Park. Remember that there’s no Mission K, so just move on to CBD Limit. The next few missions were all hacking waypoints, but this part has the most walking. You’ve got to walk down and around the river bank to get to Bayfront area. Along the way, I managed to get my Platinum Translator Medal!
Once you get to Bayfront, CBD Peril starts the passphrase thing up again.
Okay this mission was quite interesting. It starts at the ArtScience Museum, then takes you over the Helix Bridge. There aren’t any portals on the bridge itself, so put away your device for a bit and enjoy the walk over. When you reach the other side, there’s a whole cluster of portals, which will be very tempting to blast and hack and capture.
DO NOT HACK THEM YET. Focus on completing the missions, because I stupidly hacked them and had to wait for them to cooldown before I could hack for CBD Trial. Interestingly, the passphrase provides a clue if you make this mistake. Not a lot of people realize that if you deploy a Heat Sink (regardless of rarity), it completely resets the burnout counter on a portal. When I first found out about this several months ago, I used to deploy a rare Multi-Hack on my home portal, hack it 12 times over an hour or so, then deploy a common Heat Sink immediately after the 12th hack to hack it again.
So don’t cast aside common Heat Sinks. Stock them up when you do missions, just in case you make the mistake of hacking a non-mission portal that turns out to be a waypoint for the next mission.
There’s no Mission X, so move on to CBD Walk. The last few missions takes you around Singapore Flyer and back to the portal cluster. And that’s the end of that.